Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android |
IN TODAY’S FUEL….
POINT #1: Surfing in Pockets
- My Surfing Coach told me that it’s better to be on the next best wave and have it all to yourself or be on the best wave and fight 20-25 others guys for it.
- There’s a beach break near my house that I surf in and the water is constantly breaking unpredictably.
POINT #2: Learning How to Read Water
- Something that I find fascinating is trying to learn how to read for the first time, because I’m learning how to read water.
- While out surfing this morning by myself, I can’t seem to catch a wave, regardless of whether or not I could read the waves that were coming in, getting angrier and angrier at the waves, getting worse and worse.
POINT #3: Breathing to Calm Down and Gain Power
- For the next 5 minutes, I sat on my board out in the ocean and focused on my breathing…in and out, and I was able to get calmer.
- The more calm I got, the more power I had on the waves.
QUESTION OF THE DAY:
- Where in your Core 4 (body, being, balance and business) do you know you need to calm the fuck down?
CHALLENGE OF THE DAY:
- Write in your War Map (journal) or the http://app.warriorbook.com War Board when you have calmed that fuck down and how you will know you’ve calmed down.
QUOTE OF THE DAY:
“The more calm I got, the more power I had on the wave. Sometimes the greatest strength we can show is by learning how to calm the fuck down.”
— Garrett J White
HAVE YOU SEEN THE WAKE UP WARRIOR DOCUMENTARY?