Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android |
IN TODAY’S FUEL….
POINT #1: Broken in Half
- I broke my board in half in today’s surf session, hesitating too late on a 4-5 foot wave.
- When surfing on a wave too late, it will punish you and toss you around, breaking my board in the process, expecting myself to be broken as well getting tossed around like a rag doll.
POINT #2: The Mind Bending Power of the Ocean
- The ocean has an energy and power of its own, and it taught me that there’s a timing aspect with power.
- The same wave that had its way with me would have created a completely different experience for me had I caught it in the right zone.
POINT #3: Lessons on Fatherhood Through Riding Waves
- I realized that the timing on when to ride a wave will either make or break my experience, very much like the role that I have as a father.
- It’s in the awareness that I wasn’t making power for my children but breaking them instead that I was able to learn that it comes down to timing within each experience I go through with them.
QUESTION OF THE DAY:
- Where in your Core 4 (body, being, balance and business) do you find yourself unable to manage the power that you have within this relationship?
CHALLENGE OF THE DAY:
- Write in your War Map (journal) or the http://app.warriorbook.com War Board that relationship in which you are sitting in a place and space that you’re breaking down, then declare one thing that you’re going to do to make that relationship stronger instead of breaking it.
QUOTE OF THE DAY:
“The same wave that would have given me power, courage and joy is the same power that broke me. This experience on a wave is the same as the amount of influence and power that I have as a father. When I become unaware of the timing of my power as a man and as a father to my children under my stewardship, I’ve realized that I have struggled to guide my children from a place of power. There’s a fine line between the use of power that in one moment can create power and the next destroy it within our relationships with those that we love.”
— Garrett J White
HAVE YOU SEEN THE WAKE UP WARRIOR DOCUMENTARY?