Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android |
IN TODAY’S FUEL….
POINT #1: The Facts about Being a Man
- There are many facts about being a man, and one of them is in regards to his hair on his head leaving and adding more to other parts of the body instead, like the nose, ears, ass, etc….
- One of the greatest gifts my wife told me I could give her was to use a nose trimmer to tame the forest that is occurring within my nose.
POINT #2: Spray Painted Hair
- I am one of those anomalies that still has a full head of hair as I age, but while on a staycation with my wife I could see a guy’s head that looked like it had literally been painted on, perfectly straight and coming down to the sides, all squared off.
- Why do men continue to worry about this shit of saving hair, when they should just shave it off and be done with it? Of course, I’m also coming from the perspective of wondering why someone would do something that I can’t personally relate to.
POINT #3: Projecting Perspectives and Stories
- We tend to project these stories and perspectives to others based upon who they are,
- In Stephen Covey’s book 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, the statement was made to seek first to understand instead of judge based upon limited context.
QUESTION OF THE DAY:
- Where in your Core 4 (body, being, balance and business) is there an area in which you have assumed something recently about a person without context?
CHALLENGE OF THE DAY:
- Write in your War Map (journal) or the http://app.warriorbook.com War Board where that area is, with what person, then write out what might be the context that drives the person to operate the way they do.
QUOTE OF THE DAY:
“We project these perspectives and stories onto others based upon who we are, not who they are. Some of us are operating a certain way based upon what we think that others think about us rather than learning about the backstory. We have little context behind the story that makes a person operate the way that they think.”
— Garrett J White
HAVE YOU SEEN THE WAKE UP WARRIOR DOCUMENTARY?