Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android |
IN TODAY’S FUEL….
POINT #1: Beach Break Waves and Sensory Deprivation
- Jeremy Finlay, the CMO of Wake Up Warrior, is just starting to surf and it gives me a feeling of where I once was as well, helping me see the growth that I’ve had.
- The float tank experience is also something that I have recently been starting like Jeremy with his surfing, and with each experience I am able to release more and more, going deeper and deeper into the sensory deprivation experience.
POINT #2: No More Tight Upper Back
- Normally my upper back is extremely tight when I first go into get a massage, but that wasn’t the case over the weekend while getting a couple’s massage with my wife.
- I know that the process of sensory deprivation is working because of this ability that I’m now having to let go.
POINT #3: The Difficulty of Getting Better
- Across all areas of my Core 4, life has gotten better because I’ve learned to be OK at sucking at it first.
- Life becomes fun because I’ve gotten better at life after getting a few things figured out along the way, which I never could have said in my 20s that I’m now experiencing in my 40s.
QUESTION OF THE DAY:
- Where in your Core 4 (body, being, balance and business) are you stuck in the suck, wanting to quit because your skill sets and mindsets aren’t up to speed yet?
CHALLENGE OF THE DAY:
- Write in your War Map (journal) or the http://app.warriorbook.com War Board where that area is as well as the ONE THING you’re committed to doing to get out of it, knowing that it’s not going to be fun until you get better.
QUOTE OF THE DAY:
“We all suck when we first start out on anything new. It’s a natural part of the process, but too often we get stuck in the suck because it’s not a fun place to be, and would rather avoid it altogether, even though it’s where all of the learning occurs. Life has become fun because I’ve become better at life.”
— Garrett J White
HAVE YOU SEEN THE WAKE UP WARRIOR DOCUMENTARY?