Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android |
IN TODAY’S FUEL….
POINT #1: Not the Most Ideal Surfing Day
- It was a pretty choppy day to be surfing, but I still had an absolute riot riding the waves with my right hand man, Jeremy Finlay, who’s recently been learning how to catch waves.
- We were simply enjoying ourselves, regardless of how the waves were less than ideal.
POINT #2: Birthday Parties in Choppy Waves
- It’s Jeremy’s birthday when we went surfing, and had an absolute riot, despite the conditions for the waves not being perfect.
- There ARE no perfect conditions, only conditions and a commitment to go.
POINT #3: Get In the Water!
- Regardless of what area in our life we are looking at, there are never going to be perfect conditions when we don’t have a ruthless commitment to get the results that we seek.
- It comes down to shifting our perspective from conditional commitments to making what you have committed to non-negotiable to see through.
QUESTION OF THE DAY:
- Where in your Core 4 (body, being, balance and business) do you find yourself in conditional commitments, deciding to be committed only when the conditions are perfect?
CHALLENGE OF THE DAY:
- Write in your War Map (journal) or the http://app.warriorbook.com War Board where that conditional commitment is and why you continue to give yourself permission to allow it to keep happening.
QUOTE OF THE DAY:
“This mentality of not having ideal waves takes away from a lot more fun to be had. The story of the storm is what keeps us back from having the party. There are no perfect conditions, only commitments to go.”
— Garrett J White
HAVE YOU SEEN THE WAKE UP WARRIOR DOCUMENTARY?