Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android |
IN TODAY’S FUEL….
POINT #1: A Long but Amazing Family Day
- It was a great family weekend meeting up with some friends and spending time with family.
- I had a professional body boarder named Mack as my surf instructor today going to swells that were breaking.
POINT #2: Surfing Over Reef
- It’s a new experience for me to surf over a reef, coming in on the right side after a few minutes and coming down a soft wave, I learned a very different surf in Hawaii than where I surf in SoCal.
- The rollers went forever, riding for over 20 seconds! I was really up in my head that I wasn’t going to do well on these waves.
POINT #3: Surprisingly Better Than I Thought
- I was better than I anticipated, riding at least 10 waves for 15-20 seconds, which never happens on the waves that I normally surf on.
- I had done the work that was required to have the skill sets; it took getting in the right mindset to stop undervaluing them to get past the fear of uncertainty.
QUESTION OF THE DAY:
- Where in your Core 4 (body, being, balance and business) are you underplaying yourself, downplaying the skill sets and mindsets, losing value in that area?
CHALLENGE OF THE DAY:
- Write in your War Map (journal) or the http://app.warriorbook.com War Board that area that you’ve been downplaying, and what the cost is for playing life from a downplayed direction. Write down what you know has to change.
QUOTE OF THE DAY:
“I start to psych myself out about what I’m able to accomplish and not able to accomplish because it’s a new environment, downplaying the value of what I’m capable of doing because I panic instead of realizing that I have done the work.”
— Garrett J White
HAVE YOU SEEN THE WAKE UP WARRIOR DOCUMENTARY?