Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android |
IN TODAY’S FUEL….
POINT #1: Bacteria Raising Rainstorms
- With the recent rainstorm we’ve received, it raises the bacteria level within the coastal community from runs off down the hills into the ocean, becoming a bacterial cesspool for the next few days.
- It taunts me to go into the water because of the bigger waves, but then I’m reminded of the ear infection I got the last time I went into the ocean with the high bacteria levels.
POINT #2: Preparing to Switch the Plan
- I decided not to go surfing and chance getting sick again.
- Sometimes shit goes down that we’re not anticipating, requiring us to adjust and make a shift.
POINT #3: The Audibles of Life
- It’s inevitable that our routines are sometimes going to get thrown off, and it will remain disappointing until we are willing to make a course correction and adjust.
- This is what I call pulling an audible, a football term that I learned while playing to shift up the game plan at a moment’s notice when the initial plan falls through.
QUESTION OF THE DAY:
- Where in your Core 4 (body, being, balance and business) are you finding yourself with a storm rolling in that you weren’t expecting, causing you to struggle with the inevitable audible?
CHALLENGE OF THE DAY:
- Write in your War Map (journal) or the http://app.warriorbook.com War Board the storm that has rolled in and what else you could do instead of what you planned, then write out one thing you’re going to do to make that happen today.
QUOTE OF THE DAY:
“The great challenge when shit goes down that we’re not anticipating is that we have to be prepared to pull an Audible and course correct, otherwise it will leave us worse off than before. When we get thrown out of our routine, there’s a feeling of disappointment that dominoes down into everything else, turning it into something to adjust and move forward with a switch plan.”
— Garrett J White
HAVE YOU SEEN THE WAKE UP WARRIOR DOCUMENTARY?