Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android |
IN TODAY’S FUEL….
POINT #1: 8 O’Clock Sleep In
- It may not sound like a big deal to most, but I slept in until 8 o’clock this morning which I hardly EVER do to give my body the rest it needs after mouth surgery and the head cold I developed from a weakened immune system.
- We have a bunch of family visiting for the Easter holidays, so I knew that I needed to get recovery time my body needed.
POINT #2: Sidewalk Chalk Footprints and Scream
- While making sidewalk chalk footprints outside for Easter, one daughter and cousin spent time and came into the house in screaming and crying, absolutely inconsolable.
- We couldn’t make heads or tails of what happened and why they got into a fight.
POINT #3: Consequences to Violence
- There’s a consequence to physical violence towards another person that fights back that we have to learn.
- People around us have to experience pain for themselves; there’s no way to take it away, only to be there and support them while allowing others to experience pain.
QUESTION OF THE DAY:
- Where in your Core 4 (body, being, balance and business) have you attempted to take their pain away?
CHALLENGE OF THE DAY:
- Write in your War Map (journal) or the http://app.warriorbook.com War Board where that area is and the lesson that you’ve taken away from them by not allowing them to experience the pain in that instance.
QUOTE OF THE DAY:
“When we bring violence to another person that fights back, there’s an experience of wrath that we normally avoid which is part of life. There’s a lesson to be learned with that pain that we are denying them when we attempt to take the pain away ourselves.”
— Garrett J White
HAVE YOU SEEN THE WAKE UP WARRIOR DOCUMENTARY?